- Council Fees: The average cost of council fees can vary based on factors such as location, the scope of the project, and specific council regulations. The average total of council fees typically ranges from $3000 to 6000.
At PennyGranny we offer a dedicated Town Planner Assistance service. Our Town Planner will act as a bridge between your local council and yourself. The cost for this service is $2500. See more about Council Approvals for Portable Homes here.
- Site Preparation & Access: Depending on your site, there will be some work involved: such as tree cutting or removal, ground leveling, and the installation of footings. PennyGranny will provide you with a full guidance on the site preparation for your new home. The estimated cost for these preparations typically falls within the range of $2000 to $4000.
- Delivery of your prefabricated home to your property: PennyGranny partnered with leading freight-service providers across Australia.
For buildings with dimensions up to 15 meters in length and 3.4 meters in width, transportation costs can range from $1500 to $6000. Additional cost may apply for wider modules and deliveries to remote locations.
- Crane Hire: Most sites do not require cranes. PennyGranny’s team will assess the access to your property and property’s layout and advise if the crane is required.
The cost of crane hire varies based on the size of the crane required and typically falls within the range of $500 to $7000.
- Services to the new home: Your home will arrive equipped with essential amenities, including plumbing, an electrical junction box and a gas (or electrical) water heater installed.
It is your responsibility to bring services to the new home and engage your local electrician and plumber to complete the connections to the house. If the services are readily available in close proximity to the building, the estimated services connection fee falls within the range of $2000 – $3000.